At Servite R.C. Primary School, the purpose of our Parent Council is to:
- Act as a link between parents and staff. (It is an invaluable communication tool, providing a voice for parents to talk directly to staff on certain matters.)
- Celebrate the successes of our school.
- Act as a forum for feedback.
- Provide a forum for the sharing of suggestions for improvement / development.
- Provide clarification over any issues (avoiding playground ‘gossip’).
- Involve parents in the decision-making progress.
The Parent Council comprises one representative from each class, one Teacher Representative (who acts a Secretary) and one Senior Leadership Team Representative (who acts as Chair).
At the start of each academic year, parents are invited to nominate themselves as a candidate for Parent Council Representative for their child’s class. In the event that more than one candidate is nominated for the same class, the parents of each child in the affected class are invited to take part in an anonymous vote, to elect a Parent Council Representative.
The Parent Council meet once per half term. The link teacher for the Parent Council is Mr Moseley, and this year’s reps are:
The parents’ role is consultative and advisory and anything that is brought to the table is discussed and, where necessary, action is taken to improve the school. This can be seen in such areas as the new scooter racks, in all playgrounds; the use of napkins in the lunch hall; the constant improvement of our after-school club offerings; the introduction of the new smaller size of rucksack for the younger children and much more.
If you have any suggestions that you would like to raise with the Parent Council, please contact your class’s representative directly.
We are very proud of our strong parent-school link here at Servite and look forward to another productive and successful year!
Click here to download a parent council suggestion box form.